The Joint Programming Initiative on Cultural Heritage and Global Change (JPI CH) is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity for transnational proposals.
Scholars are invited to submit research proposals on the role of heritage in society from different (inter)national perspectives and value systems. This includes questions such as what role heritage plays in the formation of identities, how institutions can manage heritage in an inclusive manner, and to what extent digitization contributes to meaningful access to heritage. The call aims to support interdisciplinary research that is set up and carried out by transnational consortia within the context of a single project.
The topics are:
- rethinking the implicit role of cultural heritage in society;
- perspectives on and constructions of cultural heritage;
- cultural heritage management approaches: co-creation, connecting communities, and sustainable development goals;
- innovative and inclusive (digital) access to cultural heritage;
- impacts of cultural heritage: cultural, economic, user, public and social values.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 22 September 2020, 14:00 CEST.